For the uninspired woman: For those of you are who are fed up of buying bland vegetable soups from your local grocery store. I have the perfect easy, healthy Caribbean vegetable soup recipe for you. Lets get rid of that cold and build your immune system.
Every Tuesday’s Articles on health are uploaded.
Your shopping list should consist of:
- Frozen (optional) Chopped Onions
- Frozen (optional) Chopped peppers
- Frozen (optional) Broccoli
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Mixed Herbs
- Vegetable stock cubes
- Ground pepper
- Baby Potatoes (suitable for boiling )
- Plain Flour
- All purpose seasoning
- Baby tomatoes
(For an authentic Caribbean soup we tend to include chicken or lamb, plantain, yam, okra and dasheen. However those ingredients are usually found at your local high street fresh food shop. This guide is for a basic tasty vegetable Caribbean soup)
Step one: Preparation
Make sure you’re preparing your food on a clean surface.
Wash you’re potatoes, spinach and tomatoes.
Chop your baby potatoes and tomatoes in half and leave it to the side.
Add a generous amount of flour to a bowl. Add a dash of salt and slowly add water to the flour. Knead untill the consistency of the dough is sticky but stiff. Once this is done roll them into mini balls. Then leave to the side
- Put a generous amount of oil in a large pot.
- Turn your heat to low and wait for one minute
- Add onions, garlic, peppers, and herbs to the pot. Keep your heat on low and watch it sizzle.
- Once you can smell the beautiful aromas of the onions. Add the tomatoes, a dash of salt and a dash of ground pepper.
- Leave until browning
- Now add boiled water to your pot and fill it up 1 quarter of the way.
- Crumble two vegetable stock cubes in the pot and stir.
- After 5 minutes
- Fill the pot up to the top with the rest of the boiled water
- Add the potatoes, dumplings, spinach and frozen brocoli to the pot
- Add a generous amount of all-purpose seasoning, more salt and more ground pepper.
- Stir and then cover your pot and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 more vegteable stock cubes
- Add your pasta and then leave to cook for another 20 minutes
Reminder: Season to your taste buds, add more vegetables if you want and enjoy.
End Result yummm 🙂
We want all our dedicated readers to be inspired by the Wonita Christine movement. Tuesdays articles on health, Thursdays articles on sex and Friday articles on relationships.
Join the conversation and #WonitaChristine